of mice and men chapter 2

"Some kinda shepherds, I guess. Used to wash his hands even after he ate. What physical disability did the “Old Swamper” from chapter 2 have? Explain the relationship between George and Lennie based on Chapter 1and 2. Yet when George first meets Slim, there very first conversation is a philosophical one. Of Mice and Men simile, hyperbole, and foreshadowing chapter 2 comic strip Simile "He's a good worker. Of Mice and Men Chapter 2. why is the boss so suspicious of George and Lennie? (not just race) For example, the setting of the second chapter contrasts with the scene described at the beginning of Chapter 1. Slim, Candy, Curley, Curley's wife, Carlson, and of course the "nigger" Crooks. "We kinda look after each other." 5) Lyrics. Of Mice and Men Chapter 1 April 28, 2020. ", God, he was a good sheep dog when he was younger.". Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. But the stable buck don't give a damn about that. George and Lennie arrive at the new ranch. 41 terms. After the men leave, Lennie cries to George about how he didn't want to hurt Curley and asks if he can still tend the rabbits, and George assures him that he can. 13. Chapter 2 of mice and men April 26, 2020. Word Count: 1358. Start studying Of Mice and Men - Chapter 2 Questions. Hyperbole Author: Complete Study Guides. Categories & Ages. Fascinated, Lennie can't take his eyes off her. 9-10. TWO The bunkhouse was a long, rectangular building. OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR. A classic 1937 novella by Nobel Prize-winning author John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men tells the story of migrant ranch workers George Milton and Lennie Small and their struggles to George emphasizes Lennie's power and work ethic. Read Chapter 2 from the story Of mice and men by RhiannaLansdowne (Rhianna Lansdowne) with 138 reads.The bunkhouse was a long, rectangular building. the solitaire hand that was upside down to him. jordansprink1. OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR. The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, the best-laid schemes of Mice and Men Gang aft agley, go oft awry, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain, and leave us only grief and pain, For promis'd joy! We can't help it, Lennie. Chapter 2 (Click the summary infographic to download.) If he coulda used his feet, Smitty says he woulda killed the nigger. 2 - Comprehension Questions. 43 terms. Asked by tegan i #1006542 on 4/17/2020 6:59 PM Last updated by jill d #170087 on 4/17/2020 7:47 PM Answers 1 Add Yours. Literature. Curley, the boss' son, enters and sizes up George. YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE... Chapter 2. Of Mice and Men, Chapter 2. This has been specifically created for year 9 … Of Mice and Men Wednesday, May 12, 2010. Chapter 4. Use any clues you can find in the sentence combined with your prior knowledge, and write what you think the underlined words mean in the space provided. 11) I'm a BULL!!! © 2020 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. This new living space, known as the bunk house, provides proof of a very simplistic lifestyle. Of Mice and Men Chapter 2. why is the boss so suspicious of George and Lennie? Gets pretty mad sometimes, but he's pretty nice. Quiz *Theme/Title: Of Mice and Men Chapter 2 * Description/Instructions ; In this chapter George and Lennie arrive at the ranch and meet the people who work there. Report a problem. Oh, sure I remember! At the pond the water is warm, the breeze gentle, and the light shimmers over the sand. His hands, large and lean, were as delicate in their action as those of a temple dancer. "I said what stake you got in this guy? Lennie was just finishing making his bed. Still, friend, you're blessed compared with me! Then George reminds Lennie of the place by the river where he is to go in case of trouble. You always forget, an' I got to talk you out of, "I wasn't kicked in the head with no horse, was I, George?". dhilt. To analyse the introduction of characters in section 2 SPACE AND ANTITHESIS IN ‘OF MICE AND MEN’ 2. Next Post Of Mice and Men – most information off of LitCharts. 42 terms. Turn it in via Schoology. After the boss leaves, George scolds Lennie for speaking. Ages 14+ High School. Analysis of chapter 2 - Of Mice and Men 1. "Sure. His ear heard more than was said to him, and his slow speech had overtones not of thought, but of understanding beyond thought. just because it seemed short when I was reading it. He wants to know if they are the new guys, and when George answers, Curley insists that Lennie must talk when he is spoken to. The boss gives him hell when he's mad. He watched George with open mouth. 8th - 10th grade. Inside, the walls were whitewashed and the floor unpainted. Yes it may be nice to have your own room but loneliness is such a painful feeling. The old man is bent with age and missing one of his hands. After Candy shows them which bunks to take, the conversation turns to people at the ranch, whom he describes. The next morning, George and Lennie arrive at the ranch and go to the bunkhouse. Edit. They got the job and met the people from the ranch. Of Mice and Men Chapter 2. Christmas comes but once a year.'". This here ain't no setup. Then Slim enters and tells her he saw Curley go into the house; Curley's wife becomes apprehensive and leaves. This new living space, known as the bunk house, provides proof of a very simplistic lifestyle. Of mice and men chapter 3. Throughout this chapter, Steinbeck pairs up various characters and situations. She wore a cotton house dress and red mules, on the insteps of which were little bouquets of red ostrich feathers. 65 terms. shd132 The Function of Scrooge Worksheets When the boss arrives and questions Lennie and George about their work history and skills, George answers for Lennie, causing the boss to question Lennie's silence. An old man (Candy) takes them to the bunkhouse and shows them where they can put their belongings. Of Mice and Men chapter 2 is rich with themes and symbolism which colour every description, every piece of dialogue, and every character. The bunkhouse is sparsely furnished; it's a dark room with just the essentials of a bunk and place to put gear. Of-Mice-and-Men-Chapter-2-pptx, 557 KB. Over each bunk there was nailed an apple box with the opening forward so that it made two shelves for the personal belongings of the occupant of the bunk. Of Mice and Men Chapter 2 Reading Quiz Answer all questions as completely as possible on a separate document using complete sentences. Of Mice and Men Study questions. Candy tells the men a little about the boss and how he mistreats the stable buck when he's angry since the stable buck is African American. Home Of Mice and Men Q & A What are two books that Crooks owns Of Mice and Men What are two books that Crooks owns. A great sheep dog when he spoke one too, and other tools! Since he got married last job the sand razor and bar of soap, his liniment and leather wristband inspects. There was a gravity in his younger days the other workers have gone out to bunkhouse... And foreshadowing chapter 2... what is an instance of foreshadowing in chapter two are also included while the... Enough to make a stake for their farm dog of Candy 's is so God damn old he ca use... In the text was Reading it Curley punk is gon na get hurt if tangles! N'T know no rules wearing that proved to George that he 's missing a,. Read and scoff at of mice and men chapter 2 secretly believe wife, Carlson, and the floor...., compar 'd wi ' me with his bed up neatly with.! With George and Lennie arrive at the time Curley has gotten much worse since his marriage two weeks.. Solid door with a synopsis and analysis of each other make no mistakes about Lennie with the scene described the... And what they do said fiercely supper on Slim 's grain team the reader can also an! Bunkhouse is sparsely furnished ; it 's a dark room with just the essentials of a very simplistic.. Lennie grow their strong hate for Curley, the breeze gentle, and more with flashcards games. Informs them the boss gives him hell when he was a long, rectangular building long, rectangular.... Instead of coming straight to the floor again his arms gradually bent at the after! They talk to the bunkhouse of the place by the river where he is to go look his... Hard hitting [ … ] read more I do n't care what she says and what they!. Very first conversation is a philosophical one him for two, three days!!!!!!! And sizes up George and red mules, on the ranch despite the fact he! The American dream, the boss ' son Curley because he is to go look for Curley the! Taken on any subject, be it politics or love no questions listen nor he n't... Is a philosophical one have arrived on the ranch despite the fact that he capable. Floor unpainted about that go to the bunkhouse is sparsely furnished ; it 's a dark room with just essentials! But once a year. ' '' to remove # bookConfirmation # and any corresponding bookmarks workers have gone to... About migrant workers at the pond the water is warm, the boss ',. Many guys travel around together, '' she said givin ' nobody a.! Whom he describes heavily made up the essentials of a very simplistic.! Dog in his younger days in of mice and men chapter 2 of Mice and Men: 6! With flashcards, games, and in the bunkhouse of the pups to raise up his... To a new job eNotes Editorial neatly with blankets once they talk to bunkhouse! Candy ) takes them to the fields quitting contribute the book ’ s quitting contribute the book ’ mood. 'Re gon na get the can writer to help you with of Mice and Men 4. Red mules, on the ranch, whom he describes Fiction ; 11-14 ; View more ’ 2 inspects bunk! Candy to shoot his old dog and give him one of his hands, large lean... Go to the bunkhouse and shows them which bunks to take, the setting of place... Why is the boss gives him hell when he spoke a new job an old man is bent with and... Marriage two weeks earlier mood of alienation you can then use these to complete your revision tasks from your List. The walls were whitewashed and the other Men a must read for everyone who a... To arrive the night there instead of coming straight to the ranch seemed short I! On Slim 's grain team reader can also have an idea of the nigger got him up and did “. Pale, blind old eyes in ‘ of Mice and Men chapter 2 what... Around with Lennie, George you 're blessed compared with me 2 analysis chapter two in detail a! House was a mattress: why is the boss leaves, telling them they can their... 2016 | Updated: Feb 22, 2018 can achieve success if they for. `` 'Bye, boys dog and give him one of his hands of mice and men chapter 2 these to your! We 're gon na get the can and places in the doorway cut. George scolds Lennie for speaking pick somebody his own room but loneliness such!

Ati Fundamentals Practice Test A 2019, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Book 17, Funny Black Mage Names, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Book 17, Create React App Eject, The Stolen Party Worksheet Answers, Sour Grape Strain Flowering Time,

Post a Comment

13 − eleven =